Agendas & Minutes >
Agenda January 7, 2014
Agenda January 7, 2014
Jan 2, 2014 --
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
January 7, 2014
The Regular Meeting of the Webster Parish Police Jury will be held as follows:
DATE: Tuesday, January 7, 2014
TIME: 10:30 A.M.
PLACE OF MEETING: 2nd FLOOR POLICE JURY MEETING ROOM
WEBSTER PARISH COURTHOUSE 410 Main Street, MINDEN, LOUISIANA 71055
PUBLIC HEARING: To hear comments concerning adoption of a resolution ordering and calling a special election to be held in the Parish of Webster to authorize the renewal of a special tax therein; and to make application to the State Bond Commission. (Library Tax renewal)
PUBLIC HEARING: To hear comments concerning the amendment and reduction of the boundaries of Fire Protection District # 2 (Sibley) of the Parish of Webster, State of Louisiana as proposed in resolution of intention adopted on Dec. 3, 2013.
CALL TO ORDER:
- Election of Officers for the year 2014
- Vice President
2. Appoint Ronda Carnahan, Secretary-Treasurer and to appoint Lisa Balkom, Asst. Secretary-Treasurer for a two year term, 2014 – 2015.
3. Set Day and Time for 2014 Regular Police Jury Meetings to be held Monthly.
4. Signature Resolution authorizing the President and the Secretary-Treasurer to sign documents on behalf of the Webster Parish Police Jury for the year 2014.
5. Additions to the agenda:
6. Audience Comments:
7. Adopt the minutes from the December 3, 2013 Finance Committee Meeting, the December 3, 2013
Road Committee Meeting, and the December 3, 2013 Regular Meeting.
8. Approve invoices for payment: Thursday, January 9, 2014- Steve Lemmons, Vera Davison, Bruce Blanton.
9. Adopt the 2014 Budget of the Webster Parish Police Jury with actual brought forward figures.
10. Approve Audit Engagement of Allen Green and Williamson for the 2013 Audit of Financials, and to engage Jamison, Wise, and Martin, CPA for preparation of Trial Balance and other CPA duties.
11. Webster Parish Police Jury Office of Community Services:
a- To Appoint Mary Whitaker Executive Director, Webster Parish Police Jury Office of Community Services for the year 2014.
b- To approve Signature Resolution for the WPPJ Office of Community Services.
c- Approve Resolution for DOTD Handicap Accessibility Grant application.
12. Public Works request:
a- Approve 2014 Road Materials Bid pending review of the Public Works Director and Legal Review.
b- Approve Town of Sibley Resolution, Repairs to SE 5th Avenue
c- Approve Town of Sarepta Resolution; install culverts on as needed basis.
d-Approve Town of Sarepta Resolution, repairs with hot mix at intersection of S. Main and Palmer.
e- Approve request from NWPID to change signage for newly named Rex Bryan Drive, NWPID will incur all cost.
13. Approve 2014 Beer and Video Poker Permit Renewals- see attached listing
14. Ordinance to amend and reduce the boundaries of FPD# 2 (Sibley) of the Parish of Webster, State of Louisiana, confirming the corporate powers of said District and proving for other matters.
15. Resolution ordering and calling a special election to be held in the Parish of Webster, State of Louisiana, to authorize the renewal of a special tax therein, making application to the State Bond Commission in connection therewith; and providing for other matters.
16. Approve the following disbursement of Parish Recreation funding:
a- District 5 - $293.68 to Cotton Valley PD for doors on the station.
b-District 5 - $650.00 for District #7 Fire Department repairs.
CONTINUED----- Page 2
--PAGE 2 -- AGENDA- January 7, 2014
WEBSTER PARISH POLICE JURY
17. To approve the following appointments to the Webster Parish Convention & Visitors’ Bureau:
To reappoint Kristi McClain to a 3 year term
To reappoint Lamar Smith to a 3 year term
18. Discussion- Cullen FPD #6 board appointment.
Mary Whitaker, Community Services
Wanda Finley, Head Start
Beverly Hammett, Webster Parish Library
Susan Baird, Webster Humane Association
Lynn Dorsey, Webster Parish Convention and Visitors Bureau
Joan Almond Webster Parish LSU Ag Center
COL Ronald Stuckey Camp Minden
Carl Thompson Morris Guin, Webster Parish Assessor
John Stanley Webster Parish OEP/ Homeland Security
Ronda C. Carnahan
Ronda C. Carnahan
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact Ronda C. Carnahan at 318-377-7564 , describing the assistance that is necessary.
Webster Parish Police Jury - Webster Parish Courthouse Annex
401 Main St., 1st Floor - P.O. Box 389 - Minden, LA 71058 - (318) 377-7564 Office - (318) 371-2366 Fax